Go Back   HOBBYHYPE > Toys Land > Mecha Workshop
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 21-07-2011, 11:56 PM   #1
RedDinosaur
Hobbyhype Reader
神掌修行期

Wink Brush Painting Tips

Hi everyone ^_^
I'm new to the forum but I've been building Gundam for many years now. Recently, I started to brush paint. I've been using this tutorial from ShadowDancer (http://forums.hobbyhype.com/showthread.php?t=3546). Many thanks to you if you're reading this

So.... I've encountered an issue while painting. I noticed that the paint always travels to the edges of the piece which leaves the piece painted unevenly. Why does this occur? What can I do to stop this?

Thanks for your help!
-Jennifer
RedDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2011, 09:17 AM   #2
Leslie
Hikan! Kobin! Kaeriminu!
第八式 ~ 佛法無邊

Sounds like your paint might be too dilute? Hand-brushing isn't easy because your paint can't be too thick or thin in order to manage coverage/avoid visible brushstrokes when finished.

Actually, for modelling-related technical questions, you can find a lot of info and possibly help at the Plamo forum http://plamo.outthere.info/forum/. It's a dedicated plastic kit modelling forum with many resources.

Use the search function first and browse around for a while to see if there's anything useful before posting anything - the fellows there are knowledgeable but they like people who do a little of their own legwork first . If asking anything, give as much detail as you an for eg what brand/type of paint you are using, any other steps you took (e.g. priming the kit), which kit you are building, the size of the part you are trying to paint etc. Pictures are always useful too.